St Peter's, Peterchurch

Installing the new spire

These archive photos show the fibreglass spire components arriving in 1972  on a low-loader and then being hoisted into place with a very tall crane. The original stone spire from 1320 had been partially demolished in the 1940s, but the cost of replacing it in stone was probibitive.

 Crane1  Crane2
 

Peterchurch home page